We. (Ecuadorians) usually say. “If you came to Ecuador and did not visit Otavalo, is like if you did not visit Ecuador”. “Otavalo Market Day Trip” is a must in your list!.
This City of Otavalo, located in the province of Imbabura, is also know as the province of the Lakes. It is located less than two hours north of Quito.
Visited every year by thousands of tourists from all over the globe, for it´s scenic beauty as well as for it´s well known Otavalo Market. With an infinite variety of textile products and a great cultural wealth, which indegenous still preserve. Therefore, this craft market is one of the most spectacular of all South America, with it´s main, colorfull plaza known as “Plaza de Ponchos“.
- 2 hours north of Quito
- Accomodation pick up
- This can either be a day trip or can be an add-on to your vacation package if you have an extra day in the surroundings of Quito.
- Two or three stops on the way to Otavalo Market, for tasting an exotic fruit, lookout points,
- Visit the Equator line and step on both hemispheres at the same time.
- Shop at the biggest and most colorful indian maket in all south america and learn about the indigenous culture.
- Have lunch in a typical Ecuadorian food restaurant.