Cotopaxi Volcano, is the highest active volcano (5,897 meters). Located an hour and a half from Ecuador’s capital city of Quito, therefore making it fairly easy to explore. On the slopes of this snow capped majestic volcano you will visit the Cotopaxi National Park. Here you will find a variety of wildlife, lagoons and spectacular landscapes that surround the Cotopaxi Volcano, so get ready for this Andean Adventure!
- 1.5 hours north of Quito
- Accomodation pick up
- This can either be a day trip or can be an add-on to your vacation package if you have an extra day in the surroundings of Quito.
- Visit the highest point that can be reached by car at 4500m. (14760ft)
- Visit the Limpiopungo lagoon and 10 minute walk to learn abot the flora and fauna of the area.
Chance to see wildlife(wild horses, owls,wolfs, endemic birds ducks & coots andean condor if lucky)
- Visit the Interpretation Center
- Have lunch at the national´s park Ecuadorian restaurant.